Vaginal steam baths treatment, is not something new, however has become an incredibly popular health spa treatment, but this treatment can be easily performed at home.
Vaginal steam baths need to be done one or two days after the period (not advised to do it during pregnancy or if you believe you are pregnant), to cleanse and treat any imbalance in the vaginal area, cervix and uterus.
These baths also help oxygenate the blood, clean the membranes of vaginal and uterine tissue, remove toxins from the body, control the menstrual cycle, aid with yeast infections or vaginal cysts, as well as may help with uterine fibroids.
THE FOLLOWING HERBS ARE THE ONES THAT CAN BE USED FOR THESE VAGINAL BATHS:
- Rose petals
- Manzanilla and others
Before doing the bath, it is a good to check all the herbs to avoid any type of allergy or reaction.
Here’s how you can perform these vaginal baths in the privacy of your house:
- Boil about 4 liters of filtered water and add your selection of dried or fresh herbs. Roughly 1 cup of dried herbs, and if you use fresh herbs triple the quantity.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Then put the herbal water into a bowl and sit on a grate chair with the bowl down without your underwear.
- Place a towel or blanket around your waist to create a tent over the bowl and to not let the steam escape.
- Allow the vapor to penetrate into the vaginal area and surrounding areas for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- The vaginal tissue has a large absorbent capacity, so it will receive the medicinal properties of the herbs.
- It is normal to experience some cramping or having vaginal discharge after the steam bath, especially when performed for the first time.
- This treatment can be done once or twice every 6 months.